Please note that from 1st December tenancies in Wales become 'Occupation Contracts' under the new laws. This download includes the two model 'written statements' (agreements).
An HMO tenancy agreement, also known as a House in Multiple Occupation (HMO) tenancy agreement, is a legally binding contract between a landlord and tenant that outlines the rights and responsibilities of each party.
It is used when a landlord rents out a property to multiple tenants, typically in a shared house or flat. When a tenant only has access to one room and then shared communal spaces, it means that the tenant will be living in a room of their own, but will be sharing common areas such as the kitchen, living room, and bathroom with other tenants.
Typical clauses in HMO AST's include:
1. The tenant's rights and responsibilities
2. The landlord's rights and responsibilities
3. The rent amount and payment terms
4. The duration of the tenancy
5. The rules and regulations of the tenancy
6. The rights and responsibilities of other tenants
7. The landlord's obligations to maintain the property
8. The tenant's obligations to maintain the property
9. The landlord's right to enter the property
10. The tenant's right to privacy
11. The provisions for terminating the tenancy
12. The provisions for resolving disputes
You can Download this HMO Tenancy Pack below.